Monday, June 3, 2013

Receivings and deservings

O Lord, I am astonished at the difference between my receivings and my deservings, between the state I am now in and my past gracelessness, between the heaven I am bound for and the hell I merit.  Who made me to differ, but thee?...O that such a crown should fit the head of such a sinner!  such high advancement be for an unfruitful person! such joys for so vile a rebel!  Infinite wisdom cast the design of salvation into the mould of purchase and freedom...Secure me by thy grace as I sail across this stormy sea.

-Valley of Vision, "The Mover," pp. 12-13.

2 comments:

  1. Bril...and by bril I mean brilliant

    I need to hear that everyday

    ReplyDelete
  2. First comment ever! Fitting that it should be you. And ya, that prayer is so good, right?

    ReplyDelete